Although the major use of baby oil is to keep the baby’s skin well moisturized and heal dry skin issue. It also acts as mild antiseptic. But, there are many more uses for baby oil for kids and adults. Baby oil can be used in hair to make them smooth and really very silky, but needs to be used sparingly. It can be used to make the baby’s skin, soft, nourished and supple.
Regular Baby oil is composed of the following ingredients.
- Mineral oil – As you may remember from my previous post, this is an oil obtained from petroleum. It is also known as liquid paraffin.
- Aloe vera extract – this is a concentrated form of aloe vera gel.
- Vitamin E – Vitamin E is considered food for skin.
- Vitamin A – This is mainly the “retinol” form of Vitamin A which is a common ingredient in many skin creams. It is good for dry skin and chapped lips.
- Honey – Baby oil may contain processed honey because of its antiseptic properties.
- Other ingredients – They exist in smaller proportions. These are natural and artificial aromatic compounds, emollients and other substances.
A good oil seeks to be 100% natural and eliminates any petroleum components. Instead it has:
- Carrier oil – This is the base for the formulation in which other essential natural components are added. This is usually coconut oil, olive oil or jojoba oil. Sometimes, sweet almond oil may also be used.
- Beeswax – This is considered a great natural healthy additive for centuries now and is used to add a thicker consistency to oil.
- Useful essential oils – Some mild essential oils are used in baby oil product. Some of them come from lavender, tangerine, calendula.
- An oil for adding Vitamin E – Instead of chemicals form, generally wheat germ oil is chosen for this purpose to get Vitamin E naturally.
Again, as you may have seen in my last post, I am using the Dabur Baby Massage Oil these days because I found out that they have no Paraffin, instead they have the natural goodness of olive and almonds. Dabur also ensures you the safe practices are being utilized in designing these products. So far, I feel happy with the results and hence wanted to add this other post on my thoughts as well. Regular massaging helps strengthen bones and muscles, hence this is something the most mothers are worried about. It is always good to find that one reliable partner in your motherhood journey whom you can trust blindly and fall back on 🙂
Images are from Pixabay