As a twenty-first century woman who is always upto something or the other, I am very different from those ladies that lived even a few decades before me. My mothers, aunts, grandmothers and those like them did not have besties get-togethers on Tuesday evenings, parent teacher meetings on Thursday mornings, guests to be picked from the airport on Friday nights and road trips to be taken spontaneously on Sunday afternoons! Hence my needs and preferences when it comes to my lifestyle are very unique and different. I really don’t settle for anything less than an almost perfect version of what fits my requirements and demands
So when it comes to cars, I am no different. We already have a sedan and had a hatchback too till some time back. Now that my kids are away studying, working and generally being upto a lot of mischief just like their mother (aka yours truly), I have more time on my hands and so I decided to get a car that helps me do all the crazy things that I want to do. After a bit of research I found India’s first ever urban cross, the Datsun redi-GO. Since there are so many cars these days, buying a car involves so much comparison and deliberation so I decided to take this unique car out for a spin. I would test it on the national highway in Gurgaon because I love the drive towards Jaipur! I would test it for trustworthy performance and specifications. The three features that attract me are:
- Best-in-class Performance: The 799cc engine in Datsun redi-Go provides an impressive fuel economy of 25.17 km/L. it is designed for long lasting satisfactory performance on the Indian roads. The person at the showroom told me that its i-SAT (Intelligent Spark Automated Technology) Engine automatically adjusts spark timing in response to fuel quality and power requirement. Also I noticed that the compact design of the Datsun redi-GO provides the ultimate manoeuvrability and one can make a full turn-around with just a 4.7-metre turning radius. Well, I am not such a daredevil driver to try such a move but it feels great to know that my car could do that!
- Impressive Specifications: I found some very impressive specifications on the website:
- Type- 800cc, 3-cylinder, DOHC petrol
- Power- 53.2bhp @ 5678rpm
- Torque- 72Nm @ 4386rpm
- Transmission- 5-speed manual
- Boot-Space- 222 litres
After some comparison with other models in this price segment, I feel that this could be good value for me with such specifications (actual price is not yet out but it could be between Rs. 2.50 Lakhs to Rs. 3.50 Lakhs).
3. Stylish looks: After I saw pictures of the Datsun redi-Go, I fell I love with its looks. Check out its dimensions:
Height- 1,541 mm
Length- 3, 429 mm
Width- 1, 560 mm
Not only this, the colors on offer are quite dazzling:
- Ruby Red
- Bronze gray
I am quite tempted to pick up the lime one – isn’t it so unique?!
I feel that the Datsun redi-GO can help me beat my urban driving blues because it’s going to help me zip around the town with its sleek design and awesome performance. The tentative date for the launch of this car is June, 2016 and I can’t wait for it! Fun. Freedom. Confidence. The ultimate Urban Cross – Datsun redi-GO – the capability of a crossover with the convenience of a hatchback.