In the winters, I am very biased towards the season’s specials, so you will find me recreating a lot of desserts with carrots, apples and nuts. Today I’ll share my recipe for the sugarless apple cake, that you can make using most ingredients from your fridge.
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (goes fantastic with apples)
1/4 teaspoon salt (to balance the flavor)
1 1/2 cups chopped and peeled apples (2 medium sized ones)
- Heat oven to 180 deg C. Grease a 9-inch round cake pan / mould.
- Start pre-heating your oven.
- In large bowl, beat butter and Sugar Free Natura Diet Sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Now stir in the vanilla, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add and stir in the apples. Once mixed, spoon into pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven (or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean). Cool for ten minutes before dishing it out. Serve! It is a good idea to cool for another ten minutes on the serving plate. That’s it!
In my cake, the apple pieces show because I cut them large, but you can alter that to your liking.
Expert tip: Serve warm with ice cream. :)